Monday 6 July 2015

Lippies to Lust after!

I recently look the plunge and did my first Make Up Revolution mini haul! Three of these purchases just happened to be Lipsticks. The three I purchased were from the Iconic Pro Collection. Here's a little feature on my three lustful lipsticks from MUR..
I purchased 3 shades from this collection: Liberty, Somewhere out there and Not in Love. I've had these about a month now so they've been well and truly tested and I have to say, I'm so impressed!

Firstly, how premium is that packaging!? A matte black box encasing the most glossy black lipsticks with rose gold detailing! People have actually mistaken them for MAC lipsticks and I can see the similarity in the shape however, I'm pleased to correct those who ask as these are a fraction of the price!

The formula for these lipsticks is lovely. So buttery that they melt onto the lips and the colours last for a good few hours and probably more if you used a lip base or liner. They leave a slight glossiness which gives the lips moisture and leaves a satin finish. On to my 3 shades..

Liberty might look like a terrifying purple and after trying MAC Heroine in-store (which did not suit me in the slightest) I was so pleased with this. It has a pink undertone making it more wearable than its dark purple appearance. Great vampy look without being too dark or garish.

Not in Love
 is a coral pink shade and a staple for me. It's bright and long lasting yet isn't in your face.

Lastly, Somewhere out there is my new favourite shade. I've been dying to try an orange lipstick for ages and this is honestly lush. It's so vibrant that I can see this become my colour for the summer as it's a one that keeps on giving. Also a great dupe for MAC Morange. 
As you can see from the swatches, pigmentation is amazing and I only quickly swiped these once across my arm. At £2.49 each, these are so so good and an absolute bargain! Ideal as replacements for high end lipsticks which you wouldn't want to lose and no one would know that these are a cheaper alternative!

Have you tried any Make-Up Revolution products? Do you have a recommendation? As always, get in touch, comment etc... I'd love to hear from you!

Abbie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment