Monday 27 July 2015

Another marvel from Make-Up Revolution!

I stay at my boyfriend's house at least once a week and have been desperate for an all-purpose product that I could keep at his, saving me from dragging my make-up bag back and forth. I came across the 'PROTECTION' palette by MUR during my recent haul and thought it would be ideal for this purpose and this week I've had the pleasure of putting it to the test. Here's what I thought whilst using the product including swatches which I hope will be useful :)
Firstly, MUR have hit it off again with their sleek black and rose gold packaging. The matte black box encases the glossy palette inside which is b-e-a-utiful!

Inside is a large mirror which is ideal for when you're on the go or need to touch up your make-up somewhere without a mirror e.g. at your work desk.
The products are laid out nicely with 3 concealers on the left followed by a silk Anti-Shine Powder, Bronzer, Blush then Highlight which looks too good to touch!
Concealers
The palette contains 3 concealers which vary in colour which is ideal for different tones within your skin. This is the Light palette and the shades are a perfect match for my pale skin. I loved the different undertones within each concealer, especially the bottom one which was more yellow-toned and worked well on my dark under eyes.
The consistency is very creamy and they blended well. Very good for a budget concealer which left me pleasantly surprised.

Anti-Shine Powder
A matte powder to finish and set your make-up is essential when you have oily skin like mine. This is a light and non-cakey powder that did just what it said on the tin. As there's a slight fleshy tone to the powder, this would be great on a night out as translucent powders can often make you look ghostly underneath a camera flash. In fact, the whole palette would be ideal to pop in your clutch on a night out for touch-ups!

Bronzer
The bronzer is matte and amazing for contouring! It's a beautiful browny-terracotta colour that blended so so well that I would purchase this on its own! You don't have to worry about looking like an orange with this.

Blush & Highlight
The blush is a lovely dusty pink colour which creates a natural soft glow on the cheeks. Much like the bronzer, the powder blends out very nicely meaning that you could build up the colour. On its own, as you can see from the swatches below, it does look a little wishy-washy but it's not bad for the price and handy if you just need to freshen up your make-up.
I wasn't overly excited about the highlight which is a pearly-pink shade. It's very light and barely showed up when I swatched it. Perhaps this is a good thing if you're new to highlighting and only want a subtle hint of a glow. Personally, I wish that it was a bit more pigmented but when you consider the quality of the rest of the palette then it really doesn't leave much to grumble about.

The palette is available from Make-Up Revolution for only £6... bargain! The PROTECTION palette has its pros and cons but when you consider that you're getting 7 products for less that £1 each then it's amazing value.
My verdict: This is a great product to pop into your bag or suitcase and has all the bare essentials. I personally might purchase another one; one to use for holidays and another to keep at my boyfriend's house. If you're looking for a 'one size fits all' item then this certainly ticks the box!

Have you tried this or any other MUR Products? Comment below or drop me a line via social media. Much Love, Abbie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment