Thursday 6 August 2015

Treat your hair for £1

Hello and Happy August! As the title suggests, today's blog post is all about how to treat your hair for only £1. Yup, you heard correctly, one pound! I'll be discussing 3 products that I've personally tried and tested that each cost £1 or less, so good news for your bank cards and purses!
The first product comes from Poundworld and it's Argan Oil Heat Defence Leave in Spray. I've repurchased this twice now as it's a super bargain! You simply spray onto damp hair and VOILA - heat protection and nourishment without even thinking about it! The product smells really lovely and leaves my hair feeling smooth after drying/styling. It also adds a healthy shine which I assume is down to the argan oil. I loved this product so much that I bought the whole range from Poundworld including the shampoo, conditioner and the most AMAZING hair mask which you can find on my instagram here: Argan Oil Products

Secondly from Poundworld I purchased the Macadamia Oil Extract Hair Treatment. This comes in a colourful packaged box which looks far from a one pound product. Inside is a 50ml bottle which contains the oil. I use this by massaging a few drops into the ends of my hair to prevent split ends and too control frizz. Originally, I bought this to replace my TRESemme Liquid Gold Argan Oil (£4.89) but it does the job just as well and at a fraction of the price. My only criticism would be that there's no way of regulating how much you use as you just pour the oil into your hands making it very easy to use too much. However, this can be forgiven for £1!

Lastly I have a real bargain and a dupe for my favourite hair product!
There's not a day that goes by that I don't use my Tangle Teezer which I purchased last year from Boots for £10.99. My mam recently picked up the very similar Tangle Attack from Store Twenty One to keep at my boyfriend's house. Yes, the packaging is extremely naff  but the product itself does work! 
Both have a nice design that's easy to hold and strategically placed plastic prongs that help to untangle the hair. Whilst the Tangle Attack is slightly coarser then the Tangle Teezer, it does get the knots out of my hair with ease and even comes in a handy case unlike its more expensive version. 
There's no denying however, the Tangle Teezer does look glossier, more attractive and better quality but both do the same job and i'm all about saving the pennies. Tangle Attack is on sale in Store Twenty One for 99p reduced from £6 so an absolute steal! If you're willing to look past the packaging then this is a great dupe that could save you £10!

What hair products are you using at the moment? Do you have a pound shop product that you love? As always, get in touch via social media or comment below! I love hearing your thoughts.
Much Love, Abbie xo

2 comments:

  1. I use all of these things and my hair is now in AMAZING condition! Lotsa love xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the feel of my hair when I use these products too! Thanks for commenting! xx

      Delete