Monday 17 August 2015

M.A.C Haul!

As a female and a beauty addict, it's in my blood to be obsessed with M.A.C! After doing pretty well in my uni exams and with a holiday coming up, I thought it was about time to treat myself to some goodies. Whilst I love my M.A.C foundation & concealer, I felt that being a BBlogger and owning only one MAC lipstick was a complete travesty so this haul was all about lips!
I wanted to choose 2 lipsticks that would cover all bases so I went for a nudey pink and a classic red which would see me through my holiday. These shades are Please Me & Ruby Woo which are both matte.
Please Me is a warm rose-pink shade that leaves an opaque, creamy finish. Most people are familiar with Ruby Woo as it is one of MAC's Retro Matte shades and a true classic! It's your perfect ruby-red lip that's long lasting and timeless.
To get the most out of my lipsticks, I felt it was time to invest in some staple lip liners. MAC's lip liners have become a star product within the brand thanks to Kylie Jenner and the Kardashians causing shades such as 'Whirl' and 'Velvet Teddy' to sell out.

Firstly, I ordered Brick but mistakenly, this is more of a dark plum-red shade that doesn't pair with the above shades but will be nice with my other lipsticks.
On consulting one of the MAC ladies, I was gratefully advised on shades that would compliment my lipsticks. To wear with Ruby Woo I bought Redd which is a bright tomato red colour and suitable underneath most red shades. A practically identical liner for Please Me is Pro Longwear Pencil in Anticipation which, like the lipstick, is a a rosey nude pink.
As you can see by the swatches, the pigmentation of these products is great and exactly what you expect from MAC. The durability of the colours is also amazing, especially the Pro Longwear liner which refused to wipe off!! What I love about the liners is that you can use them underneath a variety of shades and not just a single lip colour. 
Finally, I mustn't forget to mention how much I love MAC's sleek black packaging and the luxury feel that you get with all MAC products!

Are you a MAC fan yourself and what lip shades do you love? Get in touch and leave your comments below.
Much Love, Abbie xo

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I nearly bought Creme Cup but as I don't usually wear nudes, I was put off but I think Please Me has converted me! :) x

      Delete
  2. Ruby woo is one of my faves along with velvet teddy! I love Mac lipsticks Please Me looks lovely too ☺️
    www.lucyabbaszadeh.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velvet Teddy is always sold out in my local MAC store but I'd love to try it! X

      Delete