Tuesday 8 September 2015

A Home from Holiday post..

Hello and Happy September! Apologies for not posting but I've been on my holidays. I thought it would be nice to share some of my holiday snaps with you in this post and hope that you can share your summer with me here too!

So this year, my family and I returned to Torquay in Devon - a place that we love and return to every year! We are massive fans of the 'staycation' and I'm hoping to show you that the UK has plenty to offer for a summer holiday!
Here's my family and I working the selfie stick in Goodrington Sands..

We went away for a week and during that time, we only had 1 day of rain (I know, an ACTUAL British Summer! As you'll see in the next couple of photos, it was like being abroad as we spent several hours sunbathing and relaxing round the pool!

Cocktails round the pool was a MUST!
Hat -£14.99 H&M
Swimsuit - £5 Tesco

My milk-bottle legs getting some tan by the pool!
Of course, it wouldn't be a seaside holiday without a trip to the pier in Paignton where we visited arcade for a bit of fun..

Look how close that £5 was!!
I'm sure it's not just me that likes a new wardrobe to go on holiday with and here was one of my favourite outfits (and a total bargain!)

Top - £7 Primark
Cullottes - £5 Primark
Sandals - £3 Peacocks
Nail colour - £3.99 Barry M in Satsuma
 
Besides the sunbathing and visiting the arcade, we did loads of walking visiting places such as Cockington, Paignton & Teignmouth. It's not a trip to Torquay however, without a trip to Roly's Fudge and Ice Cream parlour where you can see them make the best home made fudge and sample some of the icecream! 

It's not a holiday without an icecream..

So there you have it, a short blog post on my family staycation! Where did you go this summer? Send me your holiday photos and links to your holiday blog posts via twitter (@dimfrillsblog) and I'll RT them!

Much love and Thanks for reading,
Abbie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment