Friday 18 September 2015

UNI Haul..

I'm entering my final year at university next week so it's only right that I did a blog about my purchases for uni. When I think of a uni haul blog post, I immediately think of all those bits and bobs and trips to IKEA that make your accommodation look all cute and homely BUT this post is about one of the student essentials that often gets overlooked.... stationary!

I will make no apologies for the fact that I'm a sucker for pretty stationary but who else wouldn't like to have notepads and pens with pretty colours and cats. Yes, CATS!

All my stationary was purchased from Wilko who have a lovely selection of stationary out at the moment and a few different designs. I personally fell in love with a design called 'Selfie Story' which you can find on their website here. The items in this collection are pink and lilac featuring white and black spots or a pink candy stripe - a really girly design that immediately appealed to me.

I'm sure this collection was made for me.. An A t-shirt for Abbie :-)

What first drew me to this stand was the document wallet because the girl on the left had my initial on her top and was sat next to a cat - I honestly thought it was aimed right at me!
This wallet was only £0.80 and I love these for keeping my lecture notes for each module separate and organised.

An academic diary is so handy for keeping track of my things to do, society meetings, socials etc.. Unlike a normal diary, these start in August and end in June which runs in sync with the uni semester so there's no need to throw out your current diary and repurchase a 2016 one in January. I think the design of this is so cute and it all matches the other items from the collection. How awesome will you look with this on your desk!?

A design featuring London and cats is my ideal combination!

The large 'Hello' notepad (seen in the first photo) is actually a project book meaning that the notepad has been sectioned off using 4 dividers. This is perfect for keeping your lecture notes organised by using a section for each module/subject. The fact that the page divider was (again) a cat and had the London/selfie theme was deal breaker and also, the price was £2.95 which is a bargain compared to brands such as Oxford. Inside, the pages are all coloured with a pretty motif on every page. Too cute!
Moving away from the Selfie collection a moment, I found this zipper pouch on a another stand which had a vintage/sewing theme of stationary. I loved the flower design at the bottom of this case and quickly threw it in my basket as my new pencil case. It's a really good size so I could definitely fit in plenty of stationary and my i-phone for when those lectures just make you ZZZZzzzz.. (I wouldn't advise sleeping or Facebook scrolling in lectures btw!) This has a slight Cath Kidston feel but at only £2.50, it's not a Cath Kidston price!

Finally, here are my two favourite picks and yes, they're also from the Selfie collection!
You've guessed it.. more cats!
The single cat pen comes in a clear zip-seal pouch (I don't quite know why..) but it has a removable cat topper which is adorable. The spotty pen also matches the other items in the collection and at only £0.70, I had to own it!
A pack of colourful pens that come in a cat pouch would appeal to anyone, especially when they're only £1.00. I should probably have tried them out to see if they are good quality pens but between you and me.. I just bought them for the cat haha!!

I'm officially prepared for my third and final year of lectures and seminars and I significantly hope that all my fellow students are envious of my purr-fect equipment :)
Feel free to comment if you've liked anything or tweet me via @DimFrillsBlog

Much Love,
Abbie xo


No comments:

Post a Comment